Englewood High School Windjammer XC Invitational

back

Coaches,

After listening to numerous weather forecasts and after talking with my principal and athletic director, we agree that for liability reasons and the safety of all runners, it is best to cancel the Englewood H.S. Windjammer. I want to get the word out to you ASAP. Many schools travel a long way to attend our race. As I picked up all the trophies yesterday afternoon, I was disheartened hearing the forecast of snow, freezing rain< with temperatures from a low of 24 at sunrise. It's not in my nature as a runner to surrender to the elements, but if one high school runner slipped on our wet pavement and missed regionals or league... , I could not allow myself to take the chance of that happening. Hope that you all agree with our decision. I regret canceling, but I know it is best. We
will refund your entry fee ASAP.

Could you please respond (via email) with your school name that you acknowledge the cancellation? Otherwise , we will start calling you after 2 PM. Please copy our athletic secretary MaryHelen Friesen. Thank you for understanding.

Sincerely,

Bill Ambron

 

 

Arvada
Conifer
Denver Academy
Denver School of Science & Tech
Denver West
Englewood
Grand Junction
Green Mountain
Harrison
Littleton
Mesa Ridge
Mountain View
Mullen
Ponderosa
Rock Canyon
Saint Mary’s Academy
Silver Creek
Thomas Jefferson
Widefield

 

Contact amied@runningbears.com